Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Frontiers...Sort Of

So, I had a story idea long ago for something called Script Frenzy. However, I was not built for script writing. More power to those who are. But I loved the story. As a script, I was seeing it as a TV series. As a story, it was a novel/book.

But I got to thinking: What if I treated this story as "seasons" of a TV show? Each piece (a short story piece being at least 6 to 10 pages in length) would be an "episode" and the overall collection would be the "seasons."

I have never before had my blood pumping so excitedly for short story writing in my entire life! I can't wait to do little exercises to get to know my characters. I also can't wait to structure my "seasons" which will each contain about 26 episodes.

So, I felt creative. Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Ariyana said...

I absolutely love this idea! I can't wait to see your episode format--it's going to be cool! I'd love to try it out some time myself, it sounds so entertaining!

Kimmi Gray said...

Dito from Aryiana. I love the idea and it would be like totally awesome for something like a magazine or an e-zine! I think I'll give it a go as well!

Savvy said...

Sounds great!!