Friday, October 24, 2008

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo--aka National Novel Writing Month--starts at Midnight, Oct. 31st and goes until Midnight, Nov. 30th. I know of at least three partcipants that frequent this blog: myself, Slinky--the offcial Nano Pimp--and Kimmi. We're currently trying to talk a few more people into participating with us.

So, the short of it: 30 days, 50,000 words. That's it. What do you win? The satisfaction of knowing you have completed a full novel--or maybe not, maybe you just did the beginning or beginning and middle of a novel in 50,000 words, it works--in 30 days. It's hectic. It's hell. And it's a hell of a good time.

Now, as for myself, I'm doing a rewrite of a novel that I hope to publish one day. A COMPLETE REWRITE! I've kept meaning to. Now, I have no reason not to.

I'll let the others post here and let them tell you about their works. My is entitled Dark Mistress and the Lady of Light. Well, happy Nanoing!

2 comments:

Ariyana said...

I'm a PIMP!

You'll be happy to know that there's now a forum for NaNo Rebels where people are going off the beaten path and not doing a traditional nano novel. Some folks are doing short story collections...and some are rewriting old novel ideas from scratch (which by the official guidelines is not cheating--cheating would be starting from the middle of a story you're working on), and some are finishing old novels...

I know a few someones who might like to go the nontraditional path and say...do 50,000 wd of poetry :)

Savvy said...

At the rate I'm going poetry may be my next best option lol!