Monday, September 22, 2008

A Bottle of Wine and Black Hair Dye

A Bottle of Wine and Black Hair Dye

I’ve seen the problems of this world

And to me has happened a few

But I’ll save this song for the ones that know

My woe is found in you

You take me for the ride of my life

With no direction where to go

The trail marked lightly down the map

The future no one can know

Laughing.

Singing.

Shouting.

Crying.

I gave my best

It was all I had

But it wasn't good enough for you

The problems of this world are far and wide

With my problems just a few

But I’ll solve mine with a bottle of wine

And black hair dye

So Baby, Here’s to you


Let me know what you think, it is already posted on Fictionpress. I dyed my hair to try to get out the red and it inspired the poem. Cause people think with my hair black it is like some kind of emo expression or something lol.


Savvy AKA LoneLilyintheGarden

1 comment:

Ariyana said...

I guess I've already told you how much I love this one.

I think that this is a good example of your poetry. It shows where your inspiration comes from--life experience. Also the imagery and context was very contemporary. However, unlike a lot of contemporary poetry, the power punch wasn't in one small section, the assault on the emotions took place throughout and the images were sort of on the side line, drawing a circle around the loop of feelings.

Great job, Sav.