Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Call to Arms...Quills...

Well, it's officially Friday the Thirteenth. A reminder...the challenge is due in by midnight! I'll do another post here in a moment to post a link to mine!

Now, the real reason for this post is thus: Over the years, the Guild has had varying degrees of success. Sadly, it's had less success than what it should. I call for a revamp. I say, we--and I mean, all Guildmembers--post challenges (with deadlines, rules, and the like) and set goals. For example, Ariyana and I have both set a goal for the end of this semester. She intends to have 50 fanfictions started before she graduates. I plan to have 100 before the end of this semester. I call on my fellow guildmembers to make similiar goals. Kimmi, you have two fanfics...hit a goal for ten by the end of the semester, why don't ya? This will get everyone's creative juices flowing! And Savvy, you don't have any, but...why don't you start an account and aim for like...five? And we can make similiar goals for our fictionpress accounts too.

Also, I'm officially calling back into existance the Guild Weekly Newsletters. Every Sunday night, either Ariyana or myself will post a weekly newsletter for the Guild. Let's get this group moving again! Let's encourage new members (*cough* Hillary *cough* Alisha *cough*). Let's everybody post challenges and actively compete in them! I know we can find a balance between schoolwork, work, and our personal lives if we just try.

So what do you say? The glove's been laid down. Who accepts?

On a final note, great going to those of us who've posted a challenge response. Let's keep it up!

2 comments:

Ariyana said...

I take up the glove. Well, obviously. :)

Bring on the goals.
Bring on the deadlines.

Kimmi Gray said...

I say.... we offically have ya know... meetings... where we get things done... not just goof off like the last one *cough cough cough* and... I'm up for the challange. I'll do what I can. *pose*