Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Script Frenzy Begins Tomorrow!

For those of you adore the wacky insanity that is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), you might enjoy their sister event SCRIPT FRENZY! And, boy, is 'frenzy' and appropriate word choice for this event. Here's the basic run-down as copy and pasted from their site, scriptfrenzy.org:

The Challenge
Write 100 pages of original scripted material in the 30 days of April. (Screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, and graphic novels are all welcome.)
When
April 1-30
Cost
Free. We run on donations.
Who
Everyone (worldwide) is welcome. No experience required.
Prizes
Happiness. Creative juices. Pride. Laughter. Bragging rights. A brand-new script.
How
Sign up! Prepare with our Writer's Resources. Get ready to start writing on April 1.

Now, even if you're not going to be a part of the event itself, it might be valuable for you future script writers to check out the site because there are great resources to be found, especially in the forum. I'm signed up, but due to the number of Spring deadlines I need to work on (and my lack of scripting knowledge), I'm not sure if I'll be able to fully participate. However, I do plan on starting a graphic novel script in April for the event (because I've been wanting to try my hand at it for a long time now). Wish me luck--better yet, join me!

http://scriptfrenzy.org/

No comments: